Thursday, August 5, 2010

J's Birthday Celebration

During the week J and I celebrated her birthday. In the morning I walked J out the bus stop and waited with her until her bus arrived. After she was gone I got busy getting everything ready for the celebration.

J got me this really cool card for my birthday so I was determined not be out done. Man, there seems to be very limited selection for wife's BDay cards. There was what seemed to be an almost limitless section for mothers though. I was there for nearly half an hour before I found a Mickey and Mini birthday card that was just right.

I also got some roses then picked up some Coke in a bottle (imported from Mexico), some chips, birthday candles and some matches :). I then went to the bakery across the street and got J a triple fudge birthday cupcake. J said she didn't want a cake because she is on a diet, but she said nothing about a cupcake :p.


I went to pick J up from work and we headed to a Tex-Mex restaurant called Escalante's. They served freshly made tortilla chips with salsa that was soooo good. We ordered sizzling fajitas and shrimp/beef kabobs. We ate the chips while waiting for the meal and they replaced the half-full ones with fresh ones. When the meal came we just devoured it. When we were done we were both slumped back in our booth sipping the Coke that they kept refilling feeling wow. We were so stuffed. If you have ever seen Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle you know the ending where Harold and Kumar totally felt satisfied with their meal. That's the exact same feeling J and I had after leaving Escalante's.


I had planned on giving the cupcake to J right after we got back, but being as stuffed as we were I decided it best to wait. My sis M and our friend S called us to wish J a happy birthday. A half an hour later I had M and S sing happy birthday to J as I brought out the birthday cupcake with a candle for J.

I will never forget the beaming smile J had. It was all worth the effort. Happy Birthday my sweetums!

No comments:

Post a Comment