Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I like almonds

I like almonds. I didn't really eat them until I moved down to the States from Canada. I can't say why I was indifferent to them before. Maybe its the warmer climate down here (shrugg). My wife got them as a snack from the local Walgreens. My wife likes sweet snacks usually but when she saw the wasabi/teriyaki flavored she had to try them. Of course after she got them I started munching on them too (It was one of those "Hey, you got to try this kind of thing").

I should mention I really enjoy hot foods. I am the type of guy that will go to Sichuan chinese restaurant and order the hottest thing on the menu and get strange looks from the waitress (typically the "wow that white guy is loco" look).

Anyways I was bad in that I ate the majority of the those spicy almonds (my wife didn't mind so much since she likes sweets better). After that I was kind of hooked on almonds. My personal favorite flavor is the smoked almonds which are evilly good. Mostly nowadays though I stick with the plain almonds mostly because I was beginning to worry about my salt intake. They are good though :p.

1 comment: